Mama G’s French Toast
Breakfast is the best meal of the day. This simple and unique French toast recipe lives up to its full potential.
Made with coconut milk, it’s smooth and sweet. The ground coriander stands out with a beautiful nutty aroma.
The sweet and savory cinnamon is irresistible. I created this quick and easy recipe by accident one morning using ingredients on hand. I’m delighted with the results. It is the only French toast recipe you will ever need.
Large cast-iron pan
1 tablespoon olive oil and butter for frying
1 large round loaf of home-style bread
2 cups coconut milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ Teaspoon kosher salt
Pre-heat pan to medium high for 15 minutes.
Slice bread into 1″ slices.
Mix coconut milk, eggs and vanilla.
Fold in powdered sugar, cinnamon, coriander and salt.
Coat bread in the mixture and then place into hot pan with olive oil and butter.
Keep space between each slice.
Cook toast on each side until golden. The powdered sugar makes the edges of the bread caramel.
Remove and dust with more powdered sugar.
Serve with homemade blueberry syrup.
Servings: 1 Slice
Yield: 8 Slices
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: About 8 minutes
1. Bring ingredients to room temperature.
2. Make sure the bread is dry.
3. This one tip is a big deal. When you beat the eggs make sure the albumen (whites) mix with the yolks. You don’t want excess white hanging from the toast after you cook it. Don’t tell, but, I use the hand mixer. Don’t over-mix
4. The reason I use powdered sugar is because it dissolves quickly. Granulated sugar falls to the bottom. Isn’t this a great tip I just gave you? Kind of proud of myself that I know some stuff.
5. Yes, add extra powdered sugar on top of the hot toast after you remove it from the pan. There is no such thing as “too sweet.”
6. Make sure you pre-heat your pan. If the pan is not hot enough, the French toast will seep when it hits the pan.
7. Please use cast-iron, It’s the goodness.
“Happy Food To Eat”
Love, Mama G.