Food News Today: Grilling The Perfect Steak
1. Counter proteins at least 1/2 hour prior to grilling. Never place a cold piece of meat onto a hot grill.
2. Make sure grill is smoking hot
3. Brush both sides of steak with oil and season well
4. Place on grill and allow each side to char, 3 to 4 minutes each side.
5. Rare 140 degrees, medium-rare 150, medium 160, well 170.
6. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Slice against grain
My spectacular marinade: 1 small diced white onion, 1 garlic clove small diced, juice from 2 limes, 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil, 4 Tablespoons soy sauce