Easy delicious pizza recipe
It’s here. An easy recipe and family approved. Here’s how to make the pizza.
Servings: 1 slice
Yield: 12 Slices
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
For The Dough:
Large 15 ” or larger cast-iron pan
Corn meal as needed for dusting pan
Olive oil as needed
2 ¼ cups bleached Gold Medal flour. More for dusting. No substitutions
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup whole milk
7 Tablespoons room temperature butter
Ingredients For Toppings:
Olive oil as needed to sprinkle pizza dough
8 Oz fresh Mozzarella, sliced
¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan
15 Oz can of pizza sauce of choice
7 fresh basil leaves, crushed
6 Oz Pepperoni or as desired
Pizza Dough Method:
Preheat oven to 525 degrees
Turn cast-iron pan upside down and sprinkle corn meal on the bottom of the pan
In a large bowl, fold in all the ingredients by hand. Continue to fold until one ball of dough forms. No kneading, no over mixing.
Remove dough from bowl onto a flour dusted surface. Dough will be sticky. Pat hands with Gold Medal flour.
Roll dough out with a flour dusted rolling pin to fit the size of the cast-iron pan. Dough will roll with ease if mixed right.
Place dough on top of the cornmeal dusted pan.
Roll the excess dough around edges of pizza to form a crust.
To Assemble Pizza In Order:
Again, make sure you place dough on top of the upside down cast-iron pan.
Sprinkle top of dough with olive oil and add cheese and then sauce of choice. Just enough to cover.
Add Basil and Pepperoni.
Bake for 10-12 , minutes, more if needed, and remove from oven. All ovens vary
Cool for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Mama G’s How-To:
1. Place cheese on pizza before the sauce. This will keep the crust from becoming soggy.
2. If you are not making the sauce from scratch, please use high quality pizza sauce. Contadina makes a great pizza sauce.
3. Brush pizza dough with a thin layer of olive oil before adding toppings. This will keep the crust from becoming soggy.
4. Crush basil before placing it on pizza to release flavor.
5. If you add vegetables to the pizza, first, place them in a separate cast iron pan and char them for 2 to 3 minutes. This will keep the juices from spilling onto pizza. This heightens flavor.
6. Using a 20″ cast-iron works great for this recipe.
7. Sprinkle sea salt as desired over the sauce before baking.
8. Add extra crushed garlic to desired taste.
9. Directions if adding tomatoes. Slice tomatoes and place them in a salad spinner to remove seeds and moisture.
10. Important to use only bleached Gold Medal flour for this recipe.
11. This dough can be baked and served with butter and salt. It is delicious.
“Happy Food To Eat”
With love, Mama G.