Pumpkin cookies are happy food to eat. Yummy to the tummy.
Pumpkin and Orange Cookies
Yield: 20 cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
½ c honey
⅔ c brown sugar
1 ½ sticks cold butter, cubed small
1 c packed canned real pumpkin
2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 teaspoon kosher salt mixed together
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 large room temperature eggs
2 cups Gold Medal flour
1 c powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons whole milk
2 Tablespoons juice from 1 orange
Zest from 1 orange
Preheat oven to 375 degrees for ½ hour.
Place parchment paper on one large sheet pan.
Fold in all the cookie dough ingredients except for the flour. Use a food processor or hand mixer
Fold, about 20 seconds. Scrape bowl if needed.
Fold flour 1 cup at a time.
Bake for 8 to minutes and remove from oven. All ovens vary.
Combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle glaze by spoonful’s over warm cookies. It gets serious.
Pumpkin cookie dough
Pumpkin cookie with delicious glaze
Mama G’s How-To:
1. Remove the cookie by pulling the parchment paper away from cookie. Instead of lifting cookie from paper. You are welcome.
2. Use Gold Medal flour. Gold Medal has a lower gluten-forming protein. Perfect for cakes and cookies.
3. Scoop the batter with ice cream scoop. Take a butter knife and level each scoop off. This makes your cookies the exact weight to ensure perfect equal cooking.
4. Preheat the oven for at least ½ hour with anything you are making. Oven will reach desired temperature but coils take longer.
5. Only use real pumpkin. I’m watching you.
6. Over mixing causes gluten tough proteins.
7. When you make glaze you may need to adjust the liquid. Use the juice from the fresh orange. Never water. Too much liquid will make your cookie fall apart. You want it firm enough to pick up. Please cover entire cookie with glaze to enjoy the full colossal experience.
8. Serving suggestions. Add pecans to top of the cookie. Yes, please.
9. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg into batter.
10. Add ½ c Ghirardelli chocolate chips to batter . You had me at chocolate…
“Happy Food To Eat”
What’s Cooking?… With Mama G
Love, Mama G